Sunday, June 7, 2009

Facebook

I had succumb to the evil that is Facebook (said jokingly) over Spring Break. I had run into a friend at a Mavs' game who asked if I was on FB so we could catch up. With that encounter and a desire to find a long, lost friend from my school years, I joined up and spent the rest of Spring Break there. At the beginning it sucks you in. But I've learned that I still check it daily but don't feel the need to post something daily. It's fun to check on friends and see how they're doing. I even found my maid-of-honor that I had lost touch with 7 years ago.

I think one very good thing about Facebook is that you can set how much others know about you. You have the opportunity to put all of your personal information on there but I would advise against that. You could inadvertently encounter a stalker from your past that you might not want to have your phone number or address. You could get calls at inappropriate times or have a crazy at your door. My brother-in-law is being Facebook stalked by an acquaintance from high school. From his FB page you would think they were really good friends but, no.

Another great thing about FB is being able to chat and keep in contact with people from all over the world. My brother-in-law is in the Navy and is currently on ship. We've been able to see and hear about his government-sponsored vacation and talk with him in a way that we've never been able to before. Usually when he's on the other side of the world, we occasionally get a phone call or an email so this has been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment